Project Management for two IGAD Projects
For my graduation project, I took on the challenge of managing two large-scale project teams simultaneously. The projects are as follows:
Both projects have a year-long development cycle, with me being employed in the teams until the start of production halfway through the year. I fulfilled the role of Executive Producer, managing a collective total of 50+ developers. I took a high-level approach, mainly focusing on creating processes and systems for them to efficiently develop their projects.
Mock-up of a town and the in-game UI of Kari, as illustrated by Chris van Dalfsen.
Role: Executive Producer
Project Duration: 32 weeks
Employed on the project for: 16 weeks
Team Size: 51
Engine: Unreal Engine 4
Platform: PC, PS4
Publisher: Breda University of Applied Sciences
Status: Unreleased; project ongoing until June 2020.
Mock-up of a firefight in P.A.I.N.T, as illustrated by Anette Vávrová.
A more extensive look at the work I delivered within my core responsibilities
Excerpt from the brief checklist I created to assist in long -and short-term planning procedures.
I raised development efficiency through constant iteration of production systems.
My goal for these two game teams was to get them to a level of efficiency where little producer involvement is necessary past pre-production, when my employement has ended. I have found success in this via creation of processes and systems for the teams and continuously iterating based on feedback. While my high-level production work has certainly assisted both teams, with for example the brief deliverable check systems created by me repeatedly cutting sprint planning times in half, I have also not been afraid to get my hands dirty in lower-level work if team feedback and analysis show it to be necessary.
I improved the team's understanding and utilitization of risk management.
Through my risk management strategies, I have been able to actively get both teams to engage with and understand the risk process better, despite previous inexperience with it. My responsibilities included setting up the risk approach and register, as well as mentoring the teams in Prince2. An additional tool I created myself was the mitigation planning document: a Google Sheets file in which the lead team can track which risk mitigation plans need to be handled in which weeks, in order to assist the sprint planning process. My approach has been fruitful, as the team is unearthing a large catalogue of critical project risks with a low time investment.
Part of the risk pipeline I created. The main goal was getting active participation from the team, achieved through a secondary risk sheet, while keeping the actual process for the lead team.
CONCEPT ART GALLERY
The various pieces of art work for this page were created by:
Anette Vávrová (tysheaddams.artstation.com)
Manuel Sitompul (https://www.artstation.com/maanu)
Chris van Dalfsen